Doctor Who Magazine #550
Special bumper edition on sale 2nd April, £9.99
Special 30% Discount Subscription Offer - Free Delivery
Issue 550 of Doctor Who Magazine is part of a bumper package that includes a poster magazine, a TARDIS control-room diorama, six 1970s-style collectors’ cards, a stunning Talons of Weng-Chiang poster and a download code for a four-part Big Finish adventure starring Tom Baker and Louise Jameson.
The retail price for this unique issue is £9.99. For a limited time only, you can receive a six-month subscription to Doctor Who Magazine and its Special Editions for just £32.50.
To get issues like this at no extra cost, you can take advantage of a six-month subscription with massive savings on cover prices. The offer includes issues with exclusive, subscriber-only covers, DWM Special Editions and FREE DELIVERY TO YOUR DOOR. Please note that subscriptions placed after 24th March will not receive this issue as part of a new subscription.
Editor Marcus Hearn says:
“We all need our spirits lifting at the moment, and hopefully the extra-special issue 550 will help. Free delivery for subscribers is another bonus that will make things easier for a lot of our readers in these difficult times.”
To take advantage of this limited-time offer, simply click this special offer link. The 30% discount is open to UK direct debit subscribers only and is valid from 23 March to 23 April 2020. Minimum subscription term is one year. There are two payments of £32.50 during the first year of subscription. Subscriptions are charged at £37 per six months following the first year of subscription.
Issue 550 celebrates Doctor Who’s mid-70s classics. Highlights include:
- Showrunner Chris Chibnall and former producer Philip Hinchcliffe – together at the Doctor Who studio!
- Director Michael E Briant describes the making of his 1977 classic The Robots of Death.
- Sadie Miller remembers her mother, Sarah Jane Smith actress Elisabeth Sladen.
- The Doctor Who Magazine review of Series 12 – every episode from Spyfall to The Timeless Children!
- A diary and scrapbook of 1976-77 – the extraordinary months that spanned the broadcast of Season 14.
- A new presentation of Dr Who and the Hell Planet, a 1976 short story by Terrance Dicks.
- A review of the new, animated version of The Faceless Ones.
- How Robert Holmes reimagined the Time Lords for his 1976 story The Deadly Assassin.
- The Fact of Fiction explores the 2006 story Tooth and Claw.
- A look at Exploration Earth: The Time Machine, a 1976 schools programme starring Tom Baker and Elisabeth Sladen.
- Updates on Doctor Who luminaries, past and present, with Time and Space Visualiser.
- Public Image analyses the ratings for the final episodes of Series 12.
- Part Two of The Piggybackers, a new comic-strip adventure featuring the Thirteenth Doctor and her friends.
- Big Finish previews and reviews, news, prize-winning competitions, The Blogs of Doom and much more!
- 1977-style poster magazine
- TARDIS control-room diorama
- Talons of Weng-Chiang music-hall poster
- Six collectors’ cards
- Four-part Big Finish download
Doctor Who Magazine Issue 550 is on sale from Thursday 2 April 2020