Doctor Who Magazine #544
On sale 19th September 2019, £5.99
DOCTOR WHO MAGAZINE CELEBRATES ITS 40TH ANNIVERSARY!
The celebratory issue comes with:
- A 100-MINUTE DOCTOR WHO DVD including exclusive and previously unseen material.
- A 32-PAGE SUPPLEMENT featuring an index of DWM and its sister publications, from 1979 to the present day.
- A DOWNLOAD CODE for 11 complete hour-long audio adventures from Big Finish.
Other highlights of this issue include:
- Exclusive interviews with showrunners Chris Chibnall, Russell T Davies and Steven Moffat.
- Doctor Who Weekly’s founding editor Dez Skinn and its original features writer Jeremy Bentham reunite to discuss the magazine’s earliest days.
- Doctor Who writer Paul Cornell pays tribute to his friend and mentor Terrance Dicks.
- A previously unpublished interview with Terrance Dicks, in which he remembers his working life away from Doctor Who.
- Highlights from the original, unpublished manuscript of The Eight Doctors, Terrance’s first commission for BBC Books’ range of original Doctor Who novels.
- Professional Doctor Who fiction writers select highlights of Terrance’s Target novelisations and other books.
- A look back at how readers’ views of Doctor Who episodes, as expressed in DWM’s Season Survey results, have evolved over the last four decades.
- The Fact of Fiction explores the 1979 story The Creature from the Pit.
- A fiendishly difficult quiz, all about the first 40 years of Doctor Who Magazine.
- Part Two of Mistress of Chaos, a new comic-strip adventure featuring the Thirteenth Doctor and her friends.
- Audio reviews, previews, news, prize-winning competitions and much, much more!
On sale from Thursday 17 October, £9.99 (UK)